Infinergia has a deep expertise of off-grid markets. Off-grid is about any site or system able to produce electric energy without any connection to the electricity grid. Such solutions rely on clean electric generators like photovoltaic energy (mostly) but also wind, hydroelectric or bio-mass. Together with these renewable energies, we also have advanced battery technologies and fuel cells. Finally, as an "in-between model", there are also hybrid diesel/pv systems that help decreasing usage of fossil fuels.
Our competencies range from components: photovoltaic systems, fuel cells, battery banks (lead, nickel based or latest lithium technologies), power management systems to complete systems. We practised the various final markets of off-grid, from rural electrification to autonomous industrial systems, in both emerging and developped countries.
We have accumulated an important amount of information on each of these markets and compiled them at a national and international level. We segmented our market intelligence offer in the following domains:
We follow-up the off-grid market on an international basis and daily. We decided to provide an access to our tools and share intelligence about this market, its actors and installations via an information newsletter. It's delivered in English language.
Main advantages of this newsletter:
- You get information in time (useful for international tenders!) via a diffusion every Thursday.
- You can't miss any information on the off-grid: we have a worldwide coverage of information sources (250 sources directly monitored, 3 000 indirectly). We check websites of companies, international institutions, national institutions, press and in 5 of the most popular languages (english, french, german, spanish, portuguese)
- You get the right information: to the contrary of automated systems, we use a "semi-automatic" way of selecting the information via an experimented analyst that makes sure that only relevant news and tenders are included, that none has been forgotten and that continuously enriches the gathering of information.
The news-only version of the newsletter is free of charge, just register by filling the following form.
Via a annual subscription, you can access to premium content in addition to the news and get worldwide tenders on off-grid and micro market surveys on key topics of the industry. Contact us for a quotation via email@example.com.
You can also download a old sample of our newsletter here: newsletter Off-Grid January 2015. (latest editions are only available via email subscription).
African Off-grid markets (2015)
Infinergia will soon release a complete study on african off-grid markets.
The report is 100+ pages rich, covers 33 of the top African countries, markets are quantified and rural electrification dynamics clarified.
The first part covers the existing installations and ranks countries according to this basis and their potential thanks to our own macroeconomical modelisation tool (MOG). The countries are ranked via this model according to their installed capacity and this allows to build market forecast for the next 5 years.
The second part of the report focuses on 4 key applications: domestic (« solar home systems »), solar pumping, communities and telecom (« Base Transceiver Stations »). Each application is quantified at global level (Africa) and by sub-region. We also highlight the top 5 countries in terms of development potential.
This report targets manufacturers, integrators, EPC, resellers, financers wishing to get a complete vision on African Off-grid market.
You can download the report presentation by clicking on the icon below:
Photovoltaic installations World Map :
This map presents the latest available data on off-grid cummulative capacity in MW and over 95 countries worldwide. It provides a quick and summarized view on this market. We propose this product at an attractive price, please contact us for more details. You can also download more details about this product here below.
Off-grid PV macro-economical modeling on country dynamics:
After analyzing what parameter contribute or not to the dynamism of a given country with regards to the development of the off-grid PV market, we built a macro-economical model which allows to rank countries according to their development potential and on what approximate time frame. We call this model "MOG" for Macro-economical Off-Grid.
The MOG is particularly suited to companies wishing to unfold an international development plan by selecting countries according to their potential and maximise their return on investment.
We went into the details of each country off-grid photovoltaic market by investigating and quantifying each application of this market:
- Domestic: Solar Home Systems or SHS, Solar lighting, etc.
- Community: autonomous street lighting, mini-grid, water pumping, public buildings electricity, etc.
- Agriculture: water pumping, off-grid installations,
- Industrial systems: telecom base stations or other RF system, signaling, oil & gas (cathodic protection), defense (surveillance systems) or environment monitoring, etc.
We propose also custom market research on this fields, please contact us for a deeper discussion.